QUICK AND EASY PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
These peanut butter cups are so quick and easy that you’ll never buy store-bought peanut butter cups again. Plus, by using organic chocolate chips, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, you’ll have a delicious GMO-free treat!
- 1 Package SunSpire Organic Milk Chocolate Chips, or similar, 12 ounces
- 4 Milk Chocolate Bars [3.25 ounces each] Newman’s Own Organics Brand or similar, about 12 ounces total
- Coconut Oil, virgin and unrefined, if needed to thin
INGREDIENTS PEANUT BUTTER FILLING…see note
- 1C Peanut Butter, 100% peanut butter nothing added but salt
- 1/2C Powdered Sugar or use other sweetener like raw honey or maple syrup, to taste.
NOTE: if you like your peanut butter center thicker, increase filling to 1-1/2C Peanut Butter plus 3/4C Powdered Sugar or 2C Peanut Butter plus 1C Powdered Sugar.
DIRECTIONS: break 2 chocolate bars into pieces and melt over boiling water in small double boiler pan. Line cupcake tin with 12 cupcake papers and spoon chocolate evenly into the bottom of the 12 cups. If chocolate is too thick and hard to work with, mix in up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and stir until creamy. Place muffin tin in refrigerator or freezer until chocolate is solid. In the meantime, mix peanut butter and powdered sugar or any sweetener of your choice and spread on top of chocolate, evenly between the 12 cups. Use more or less, peanut butter, depending on how thick you like your peanut butter center. Return muffin tin to refrigerator or freezer. Break remaining 2 chocolate bars into pieces and melt over boiling water in small double boiler pan. Spread melted chocolate evenly over peanut centers. Chill completely before serving. Store peanut butter cups in airtight container, in the refrigerator.