This healthy “ice cream” is made with frozen bananas but you can’t even tell that it’s not real ice cream it’s so smooth and creamy! Eat it plain or get creative and add your favorite nuts, fruits, or even chocolate chips.
BANANA “ICE CREAM”
- 2 Bananas, use ripe bananas
- 2T to 1/4C Nut Milk like Coconut or Almond, unsweetened
- 1t Pure Vanilla Extract
- Optional–1T Raw Cacao Powder, for Chocolate-Banana Ice Cream
- Sliced Strawberries
- Sliced and pitted Cherries
- Fresh Raspberries or Blueberries
- Sliced Peaches
- Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- Fresh or Frozen Mango Pieces
- Raw Nuts of your choice like Walnuts, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Almonds, Cashews, or Hazelnuts
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Use your imagination….
DIRECTIONS: peel bananas, cut in chunks, and freeze. Place frozen bananas in a food processor with 2T nut milk, vanilla extract, and cacao powder, if using. Process until pureed. If “ice cream” is too thick, add a little more nut milk. Transfer to a bowl and mix in additions of your choice. If using unsweetened coconut flakes and/or nuts you can pulse them in after the “ice cream” is pureed, if you prefer smaller pieces.